Our Section 8 games R&D department is looking for a hardcore JS developer who wants to continuously improve himself while creating cross-platform (desktop, mobile, tablet) browser games played by millions of players.
In this role, you will make architectural and technical decisions, apply development best practices, maintain the quality of the code, create and implement testing strategies and write clean documentation for our end-user products. Also, you will work closely with different stakeholders, such as producers, artists/designers, and backend engineers.
· Becoming familiar with the existing in-house frameworks and with the current development process.
· Working closely with different stakeholders to create HTML5 games.
· Providing maintenance to our in-house engines and games.
· Creating architecture and logical designs for new features that will be implemented.
· Building reusable, stand-alone, and modular new features.
· Providing input on the end-user product.
· Staying up to date with industry technologies and frameworks.
· Promoting usability best practices.
· Maintaining cross-platform games and infrastructure for them.
· Writing clean, readable, and well-documented code and unit tests for it.
· Being involved in the entire lifecycle of a product from concept to delivery.
· Being able to offer reliable estimations for future projects and tasks.
· Logical thinking and a passion for algorithms.
· Experienced with design patterns and OOP.
· Knowledge of industry common frameworks.
· Ability to translate a creative reference into a working experience.
· Strong debugging and optimization abilities.
· Familiar with Agile methods.
· Experience with Git.
· Strong communication skills.
· Good interpersonal relationships.
· Ability to work in a team and alone as well.
· Team Player – share, collaborate, inspire, and communicate with others to achieve a common goal.
· Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
· Quick learner, creative, problem-solver.
· High-level English.
· HTML5 canvas or WebGL renderers and PIXI.JS experience- BIG ADVANTAGE.
· Experience with canvas games.
· Experience with automation testing frameworks and workflows.
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers, in Romania or abroad, to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.